Friday, February 7, 2014

Its one Month in to 2014 what are you doing?



Its one Month in to 2014 what are you doing?
It’s been a month into the New Year and do you know statistically 64 percent of Americans have already giving up on their news years resolution. With only 8 percent of the people even succeeding at their goals you might think why should I even try? Well that answer is YES. Look at why you are setting goals for yourself in the first place and you recognize that there is an issue and you want a better healthier outcome. So you question yourself how do I stay on track. This should be your motto for the year 2014. “A Healthier Body equals a Healthier You!” I think we go about it in the wrong ways. Saying I want to lose weight this year because it’s my High School Reunion. Or I want to lose weight to fit into a smaller jean or dress size. This year should be about the whole picture not just bits and pieces of it. You should be asking what I want out of the next twenty, thirty, forty or fifty years. You should be saying I want a healthier lifestyle. How do I get started you ask? Well first and for most is exercise. Get out there and get moving. It doesn’t matter your fitness level the key is to just start. I know exactly how hard that is. When you look at the tv and think I could never do that. Well YOUR wrong. Get up and try, Start with walking work your way up. Many people go to the gym and work out for a while but then soon give up because well there is no structure, and no support.  When I found kickboxing over a year ago, I was a little scared but let me tell you, Kickboxing in flowery branch gives you not only the support but friends that care outside of class as well as in class.  Kickboxing has become a network of support and friendship; it gives you the drive to succeed. To prove the instructors you can push yourself further and further. Try it you will see. However exercise along will not change your body if you still keeps up with bad habits. People often ask me if I have to give up my favorite foods.  With my determination I have found ways to have my favorite foods but in a healthy way. Using things such as flaxseed oil, almond flour, and honey to sweeten things instead of processed sugar means you can still eat things you like but with a twist. Try almond flour brownies. You can even make a great tasting pizza out of shredded cauliflower. Do little changes at a time to your eating habits and eliminating things that are not good for you when you do that your body will respond in a positive way. With exercise and nutrient you can turn back into a healthier person that with exercises can extend your life. Remember with kickboxing you can gain the strength and stamina to succeed at anything.

Kristi Green
Kickboxing instructor Flowery Branch